Congregation Emanu-El, the first Reform congregation in New York City, seeks to hire a full-time Religious School Coordinator. This is a new position that is being created as an outcome of a year-long process of re-envisioning congregational learning.
The Religious School Coordinator will be responsible for the planning and execution of formal and informal learning experiences for Religious School-aged students and their families during and outside of school hours. Key responsibilities will include the day-to-day operation of the Religious School, managing departmental projects and program initiatives, and staffing events. Additionally, the Coordinator will assist the Director of Life-Long Learning in research and development, curriculum design, recruitment, placement, and evaluation.
The Religious School Coordinator will:
- Develop and manage systems for scheduling, logistics, and daily operations for all departmental activities.
- Oversee implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Manage all internal and external communication and publicity, including writing, editing and formatting sections of the congregation’s website.
- Maintain accurate departmental information systems and databases and document all activities .
- Manage the departmental budget and supervise expenditures and payroll.
- Manage substitute teachers and guest educators, volunteers, and temporary staff.
- Coordinate all on and off-site facility use, including set-up and clean-up, technology, maintenance and security, and transportation.
- Staff and supervise activities in and out of the Religious School.
- Provide daily coverage and emergency and crisis management.
- Handle additional routine administrative tasks as needed.
The ideal candidate:
- Brings new ideas and the ability to implement them
- Has excellent interpersonal, writing, and organizational skills
- Effectively sets priorities and manages multiple tasks organizational skills
- Has a strong knowledge of applicable technology, including database management
- Is a team player, working collaboratively with other staff and parents
- Is familiar with Hebrew language and Reform Jewish liturgy
- Builds a pluralistic and Reform Jewish environment
- Is committed to professional growth
- Is passionate, fun, enthusiastic, creative, and energetic
- Thinks big picture: How school-oriented activities fit into congregational living and learning
This is a challenging position that brings with it tremendous opportunity for achievement. We seek reflective practitioners who are committed to professional growth, are effective team-members, and who are able to share a love for learning and of Judaism with all members of our synagogue community. An advanced degree in Education and/or Judaic Studies is preferred.
The position requires evening and weekend work throughout the academic year. The ideal starting date will be July 10, 2007. This is a full-time, senior level position with benefits. Salary is a minimum of $55K based on experience. The Religious School Coordinator will be supervised by the Director of Life-Long Learning and will coordinate responsibilities with the Religious School Office Administrator and administrative staff in other departments.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Saul Kaiserman, Director of Life-Long Learning at Congregation Emanu-El.
Post a Comment