Seeking two recent college graduates to go to New Orleans to teach in the day school and congregational school settings.
- A month of intensive Jewish study and teacher training before beginning the fellowship;
- Ongoing mentorship and guidance;
- Regular Jewish study during the fellowship;
- Teaching opportunities in day school, congregational school, adult education, and interfaith environments;
- The chance to earn an MA in Jewish Education or Jewish Studies;
- The chance to share your love for Judaism and to help transform a rich but devastated community;
- Housing and all expenses, plus a stipend upon completion.
Applicants should be actively involved in Jewish cultural and religious life (any movement affiliation welcome), be energetic and interested in teaching and service, and have some significant Jewish study background.
Ideally, we are looking for a 2 year commitment, though we may consider applicants for a single year. The teaching assignments, study, and other projects will be determined together with the Fellows to focus on the particular skills and interests each participant brings.
Please contact Rabbi Joshua Cahan, Director by email or at 212-666-7372.