Congregation Emanu-El, the first Reform congregation in New York City, seeks to hire a full-time Life-Long Learning Associate. This is a new position that is being created as an outcome of a year-long process of re-envisioning congregational learning.
The Life-Long Learning Associate will be responsible for the management and coordination of learning experiences throughout the congregation. Key responsibilities will include office administration, program management, financial supervision, communications and publicity. Additionally, the Associate will receive mentoring from the Director of Life-Long Learning in such areas as institutional change, strategic planning, hiring, and other aspects of life-long learning as based upon the skills and interests of the individual. This is a full-time, entry-level position that is appropriate for a recent college graduate interested in exploring a career in the field of education or non-profit management.
The Life-Long Learning Associate will:
- Coordinate scheduling, logistics, and daily operations for all departmental activities.
- Administrate the departmental office, including maintaining inventory and ordering and purchasing supplies, texts, and other materials
- Handle internal and external communication and publicity, including departmental e-mail, telephone, and written correspondence and writing, editing and formatting sections of the congregation’s website.
- Manage departmental information systems and databases for enrollment, registration, and other activities
- Be responsible for bookkeeping, payroll, and accounts payable/receivable
- Organize on and off-site facility use, including set-up and clean-up, technology, maintenance and security, and transportation
- Staff and supervise activities in and out of the Religious School.
- Provide daily coverage and emergency and crisis management.
- Handle additional routine administrative tasks as needed.
The ideal candidate:
- Brings new ideas and the ability to implement them
- Has excellent interpersonal, writing, and organizational skills
- Effectively sets priorities and manages multiple tasks organizational skills
- Has a strong knowledge of applicable technology, including database management
- Is a team player, working collaboratively with other staff and parents
- Is familiar with Hebrew language and Reform Judaism
- Is committed to professional growth
- Is passionate, fun, enthusiastic, creative, and energetic
- Thinks big picture about congregational living and learning
This is a challenging position that brings with it tremendous opportunity for achievement. We seek reflective practitioners who are committed to professional growth, are effective team-members, and who are able to share a love for learning and of Judaism with all members of our synagogue community. An advanced degree in Education and/or Judaic Studies is preferred.
The position requires evening and weekend work throughout the academic year. The ideal starting date will be July 10, 2007. Salary is a minimum of $30K+ based on experience. The Life-Long Learning Associate will be supervised by the Director of Life-Long Learning and will coordinate responsibilities with the Religious School Coordinator and administrative staff in other departments.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Saul Kaiserman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post a Comment