JESNA is a continental nonprofit organization that is focused on improving Jewish education through a cycle of learnings, dissemination, and application. In short, JESNA figures out what works in Jewish education under what circumstances, actively disseminates that knowledge, and applies it in partnership with local communities and professional colleagues throughout North America.
JESNA seeks a highly-motivated, self-directed individual for a full-time position as Project Manager within its Learnings and Consultation Center (LCC). The LCC is the unit of JESNA that works to improve Jewish education by codifying knowledge about effective practices and disseminating and applying them through a variety of means including demonstration projects, consultations, conferences and colloquia, publications and the web. The Project Manager will work closely with the Director of the LCC (who is also JESNA’s Vice President for Programs and Organizational Learning) and the LCC’s staff of expert Education Consultants and Administrator.
- Manage and oversee specific JESNA national educator recruitment and recognition programs
- Assist LCC colleagues with project management and conference planning
- Assist with management of agency-wide programs and projects
- Ensuring that projects are implemented effectively and in a timely fashion within their contractual frameworks and budgets, and consistent with JESNA’s goals and objectives;
- Maintaining positive relationships and ongoing communication with project funders, participants, program providers and consultants, community leaders, as well as JESNA colleagues;
- Maintaining databases tracking relevant information for each program;
- Ensuring appropriate ongoing monitoring and evaluation of programs;
- Working with JESNA’s department of Institutional Advancement (IA) to ensure appropriate project funding;
- Publicizing projects and programs, in coordination and collaboration with JESNA’s Communications Director.
START DATE: August 1, 2007
- B.A., Masters degree preferred
- Experience in managing complex projects and activities in the for-profit or not-for-profit sectors
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple tasks under deadlines;
- Meeting and conference planning
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with a range of groups and individuals (particularly educators, university students, community professional and lay leaders, funders and foundation staff)
- Familiarity with the Jewish community and Jewish education
- Skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, presentation (Powerpoint) software
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, optimism, flexibility, and good humor in approach to project assignments and in working with colleagues and constituents
- Commitment to JESNA’s values, mission and goals
LOCATION: New York office
SALARY/BENEFITS: Commensurate with experience and capabilities.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Email resume and cover letter with position title in the subject line to Leora Isaacs, Director of the LCC, at email@example.com. Please note that due to the volume of applicants anticipated, we will only be contacting those applicants that we feel best meet our criteria for the position.
JESNA IS COMMITTED TO WORKPLACE DIVERSITY.
A collaborative resource for thoughtful (and possibly frustrated) folks interested in trying to do things just a little better.
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Job Posting: Project Manager, Learnings and Consultation Center (JESNA)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment