Beit Rabban is a day school that weaves together exemplary and creative practices of academic and Jewish education. The school's diverse learning community brings together families from across the Jewish denominational spectrum. The school is committed to intellectual openness regarding the diversity of belief and practice found within Judaism. In an environment that is progressive in orientation, yet serious about engaging children in the Jewish textual tradition, students learn in an open spirit and in a way that fosters a love of learning. Find out more about our unique vision-led school at: www.beitrabban.org.
Beit Rabban seeks a highly organized individual to serve as Director of Development. This new position is an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to join a dynamic, stimulating work environment and play a crucial role in the strategic growth of the school. The Director of Development will plan and implement comprehensive fundraising strategies for both the annual and capital campaigns. Reporting to the Executive Director, s/he will:
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years experience as a development professional where s/he has demonstrated success in:
- Work effectively with lay leaders to cultivate volunteer teams and campaign organizers, and identify and cultivate prospective donors
- Institute new strategies for moving donors along the continuum of giving
- Plan and implement major donor recognition and cultivation events
- Design and implement mail, phone, online campaigns and other income streams targeted to current and alumni parents, grandparents, alumni and community donors
- Conceptualize and execute brochures and communications pieces related to development projects and events.
- Oversee gift administration processes relating to annual giving, pledge reminders and reporting
The successful candidate will also have excellent interpersonal and managerial skills, as well as the ability to work well independently; capacity to assume leadership roles and take initiative in start-up enterprises; Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s is preferred.
- Designing and implementing major donor solicitation efforts, including capital campaigns
- Team-building and stewardship
- Appeals such as direct mail, dial-a-thons and e-philanthropy
- Defining, articulating and writing the case for giving and other campaign materials
- Special events and volunteer management and mobilization
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: Lisa Sacks, Executive Director, Beit Rabban Day School, 8 W. 70th Street, New York, NY 10023; email@example.com. Candidates meeting some but not all of the qualifications are also encouraged to apply.